After testing out of dozens of smart phones such as the iPhone, HTC Touch 2/Wildfire/Salsa, I've concluded that all phones should only...
- Run either iOS or Android, A BIG No-no-no to Windows Mobile.
- Minimal of 600/800mhz processor speed for optimal performances.
- For bloggers: A good camera with auto-focus, preferably with flash.
- It's more affordable than the iPhone
- Good quality product
- It runs Android, which is now pretty much the same as iOS
- It records videos in 1080p Full-HD
- Large screen
- Has analogue radio(Yes, uses less power compared to radio over a data connection)
- It's specifications are way better than the latest iPhone 4.
Here it is, my sweet sweet HTC sensation
One of the favorite reasons why I choose HTC phones, is that unlike iPhones, it's screens are all designed to be a concave inwards, minimizing risks of scratches.
What really astounds me is....it's video recording feature, Full HD on a phone? Even the iPhone only supports up to a normal 720p HD only. The only additional feature I wish the HTC Sensation have, is manual exposure settings.
This HTC Sensation has made my video cameras obsolete....HTC, I really have to salute you, even my cameras only support up to 720p, I'm really loving my HTC Sensation now.
You can view a video sample of it here(youtube link), Amazing quality for a phone.
Every purchase of this phone comes with a free 8GB Class 4 Sandisk microSD memory card, which is pretty decent, a class 4 memory card's transfer rate would probably mean 15minutes of uninterrupted Full HD video recordings.
Currently I'm using doubleTwist to synchronize music from my iTunes, available for both Mac and PCs free of charge, another reason why Open-source rocks.
Syncing everything, just like how you would sync an iOS device.
Unlike the HTC Wildfire, the dedicated search button is further away from my fatty thumbs, Now I can press the letter Q without accidentally pressing "Search".
Overall, I have nothing against this phone, really.
- Android market remembers my past purchases, somehow Apple's App Store for iOS doesn't.
- The camera supports Full HD video recording, that's some ass-kicking feature.
- My overall hours of using this phone, didn't lagged at all.
- The 1.2ghz processor speed, really ensures everything runs smoothly
- RUNS FLASH!
On the other hand.....a free plug for my favorite telecom provider in Singapore!
They are currently running an Android contest(Link)
Simply check-in to the outlets in the following date and times, got sure-win prizes leh! I'll be going down to the Bugis outlet these few days to get freebies!